1. When did you start watching and why?
I was eight years old, flipping stations on the small black-and-white TV in my bedroom, and came across the second episode of "Horror of Fang Rock" being shown on Channel 9 here in New York. I was hooked, and never looked back.
2. What was your first serial/episode?
3. Which serials/episodes have you seen?
I've seen all the ones that are available at least once.
"City of Death." It helped that I first saw it a few months after visiting Paris at the age of 15.
4. Are your friends/family interested in the show?
My family's familiar with it, but I think only my father has really watched it at all, and a good chunk of my friends are very much interested in it.
5. Which Doctor is your favourite?
Four, with Nine coming up on the outside.
6. Which Doctor is your least favourite?
Three, with Six coming up on the outside. I could never get my arms around Pertwee's Doctor, and C. Baker was pretty awful -- though the latter would, I suspect, have improved given half a chance.
7. Which TV companion is your favourite?
Tegan Jovanka, with Martha Jones coming up on the outside. Special notice for K-9, World's Coolest Robot Dog, as well as Sarah Jane Smith, Leela, Liz Shaw, and both Romanas.
8. Which TV companion is your least favourite?
9. Do you listen to the Big Finish audios?
No, but only due to lack of time and funds.
9a. If so, which is your favourite?
9b. Also: which Big Finish companion is your favourite?
10. Have you listened to any non-Big Finish audios?
10a. If so, which is your favourite?
11. Have you read any of the novels or short stories?
11a. Have you written any of the novels or short stories?
Yup, and edited a Big Finish anthology.
11b. Which is your favourite?
Steven Moffat's "Continuity Errors," from Decalog 3: Consequences in 1996. Anyone who read that story then would not be surprised to learn that Moffat would go on to be one of the finest Who TV scribes.
12. Have you read any of the comics?
12a. You guessed it--which is your favourite?
I loved the entire notion of Abslom Daak, Dalek Killer, actually...
13. Do you watch any of the spinoffs (e.g. Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures)?
13a. Which is your favourite?
Haven't caught up with SJA yet, but I adore Torchwood.
14. Is there any particular episode/book/audio/comic you desperately want to watch/listen to/read?
In general, I'd like to catch up with the ones I've missed. Which is, y'know, a lot.
15. Do you write fanfic for Doctor Who?
15a. If so, post a snippet of a work-in-progress (or several)!
16. Do you create Doctor Who icons?
I've created one. The one on this post I stole from paleologa.
16a. Let's see a sample!
Oh, just go to my user page and click on the "see user pics" icon. Sheesh...
17. Recommend a fanfic/icon/fanvid/fancomic/fancreation!
The icon on this post. Classic moment, that, and it makes a dandy icon...
18. Have you been to any Doctor Who conventions?
19. Have you ever dressed up as a Doctor Who character?
I have a Tom Baker scarf, and I not only have worn it in public, I wore it for my driving test...
20. Do you own any Doctor Who merchandise?
21. Are you a fan of Russell T. Davies?
I am quite pleased with what he's done to revive the franchise, even if I don't agree with all of his choices.
21a. Steven Moffat?
HAIL THE MOFFAT!!!!!
21b. Paul Cornell?
Not only a fan, but I like the man personally.
22. What say you to Season 6b?
Meh. A lame attempt to handwave a major continuity gaffe, and mostly unnecessary, given Who's rather laissez-faire attitude toward continuity in the first place.
23. The UNIT dating controversy?
It was the 1970s. Get over it. (Look at the clothing and technology, if nothing else....)
24. The Blinovitch Limitation Effect?
A handy handwave.
25. Multi-Doctor episodes?
Still waiting for one with a good plot. Having said that, all the ones to date ("The Three Doctors," "The Five Doctors," "The Two Doctors," and "Time Crash") are great fun to watch. "The Three Doctors" is worth it alone for the Troughton/Pertwee banter. I'm impatiently counting the days until RTD gets an Eight/Nine/Ten story going....
26. What's your favourite Doctor Who technobabble?
"We just have to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow!" just for its sheer ubiquitousness, with "wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff" coming up on the outside.
27. Have you watched other TV shows exclusively because of the presence of Doctor Who actors?
It's been known to happen. I certainly wouldn't have bothered with The Ruby in the Smoke were Billie Piper not starring in it.
28. Have you met any of the actors?
One or two, yeah, a long time ago.
28a. Traveled to any filming locations?
Well, I've been to both Paris and London in places where they've filmed.... *laughs*
29. What do you think of "The Curse of Fatal Death"?
30. Do you have any fannish opinions that you think are fairly unpopular?
Well, I keep telling people that Rose Tyler isn't anything special, that Jo Grant was the exact same companion, translated into the 1970s....
31. What's your favourite pairing?
Four and Romana II, just for the sheer chemistry.
32. What pairing(s) won't you touch with a really long pole?
One and Susan. Ick.