It's small and it's simplistic, but maybe for the time you are compiling your list, you'll forget about the bad going on and focus on something good.
1. I have the best family and friends a guy could hope for. From terri_osborne to the Yellow Submarine to my Big Sis to the Geek Patrol to the Godmommy to the Cuz to the Malibu gang, and beyond. You guys all rock. Some of you even roll.
2. While I'm not 100% happy with my career, I still am generally quite happy with how it's going so far. And I still get that thrill every time a new book comes out....
3. I just finished reading over A Singular Destiny, and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. This will no doubt be the latest in a series of well-regarded Trek novels that sell for shit. *laughs*
4. The Farscape comic is going to kick some serious ass.
5. My progress as a karateka has been very gratifying. In particular, I've finally gotten over my gut-twisting fear of fighting class, to the point where I occasionally go twice a week, and I've been holding my own. With luck, I'll be going for my advanced brown belt next month....
6. Terri and I are moving into a new place that's, in many ways, the same as the old place, but with some minor improvements. The best part, though, is that we get to start over with the whole moving in together thing. Seven-and-a-half years ago, we were two 32-year-olds who had our own ways of living trying to mush it together, and only occasionally succeeding. This move gives us a chance to move in together as a couple, instead of two people.
7. I don't own a car. Have you seen gas prices????
8. Aoki and Marcus have brought an amazing amount of glee to my life. Aoki in particular, with her willful affection is simply a wonder and a joy, never failing to make me happy with her very existence.
9. I'm finally confronting problems I've avoided for decades. I've got a ways to go, but at least I've started the fershlugginer journey at last....
10. I live in New York City, which is the greatest city in the world. I can't imagine living anywhere else.