octoberland hit me with an F.
1. Family. I love my family. I'm blessed with a particularly wonderful one.
2. Friends. I love my friends. I'm blessed with a particularly wonderful set of them.
3. Farscape. Besides being a TV show that I adored and wrote a novel and a few short stories for back in the day, the new comic books based on it is, at present, my primary source of income (and also tons'a fun to script...).
4. Firefly. Another TV show I adored, though it ended too soon thanks to tomfoolery involving the pilot episode, and it did at least produce a movie I got to novelize....
5. Food. While I can't go quite so far as to say I'm a foodie, I love food. Food is what makes life worth living. I've never even considered going on a diet, because the idea of denying myself some types of food for reasons other than dislike or allergy is something I simply cannot wrap my brain around.
6. Fuck. It's a very very useful word. (Hey, I'm from the New York, it's part of the lexicon....)
7. "Fare Thee Well Northumberland." A song by Mark Knopfler off of The Ragpicker's Dream, and it's a hauntingly beautiful song, one of my absolute favorites.
8. Falling asleep. Hey, I like my sleep! Sleep is good! Naps are good, too. I wouldn't survive without naps....
9. Fighting class. "Love" may be too strong a word for this, but at least it no longer provokes gut-twisting fear and I actually enjoy myself in the class. There's a group of us, all color belts who go regularly, and we've been bonding over our ongoing learning experiences in the fighting classes, which has helped.
10. Facial hair (on men). I really really hate shaving, and I think beards are cool. It was a source of great frustration to me in my 20s that I couldn't seem to grow one. (I finally succeeded in 1998 at the age of 29.) More men should have beards.