1. Elaborate on your default icon.
It's an illustration by Peter Pachoumis based on this photo of me taken in 2000 as part of a photo shoot done for the Don't Quit Your Day Job Players. The band broke up later that year, but the photos live on....
2. What's your current relationship status?
Current. *enigmatic grin*
3. Ever have a near-death experience?
Almost drowned at the beach once when I was in college. There were a ton of waves at once, and by the time they died down, I'd gone out farther than I'd realized and was too tired to swim.
4. Name an obvious quality you have.
My hair is long.
5. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
None right this second, though I have several earworms that sometimes insinuate themselves into my brain.
6. Name a celebrity you would marry.
Can't think of one I'd marry....
7. Who will cut and paste this first?
Someone on my f-list.
8. Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity?
In high school, I was told, alternately, that I looked like Woody Allen or John Lennon. If you look at pictures of Groucho Marx without the greasepaint and pictures of me without the beard, you'll discover that we look frighteningly alike.
9. Do you wear a watch? What kind?
No. I kept breaking/losing them, and now I have a cell phone, so I don't need one.
10. Do you have anything pierced?
My left ear.
11. Do you have any tattoos?
Nope, nor any interest in one.
12. Do you like pain?
Not even a little bit.
13. Do you like to shop?
14. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Cat food yesterday.
15. What was the last thing you paid for with your credit/debit card?
16. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
The folks I ordered the pizza from yesterday.
17. What is on your desktop background?
On the home laptop, a picture of Marcus and Aoki; on the travelling laptop, a picture of me getting my black belt.
18. What is the background on your cell phone?
Also the picture of me getting my black belt (yes, I'm really really proud of that one...).
19. Do you like redheads?
Very much so, yes.
20. Do you know any twins?
I'm related to a set -- my uncles, Fred and Nat.
21. Do you have any weird relatives?
Same answer as #20, actually... *laughs*
22. What was the last movie you watched?
I'm watching Gosford Park even as I type this. Prior to that was Boondock Saints.
23. What was the last book you read?
Mulliner Nights by P.G. Wodehouse
1) How old do you wish you were?
I'm actually fine with 40.
2) Where were you when 9/11 happened?
Sitting at home watching it happen on TV. I still remember when the second plane hit which instantly changed it from a terrible accident to an attack.
3) What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Kick it, probably.
4) Do you consider yourself kind?
5) If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
I don't want one, so I can't think of where it would be....
6) If you could be fluent in any other language what would it be?
Japanese or Russian.
7) Do you know your neighbor?
She's my cousin, so I oughtta.... *laughs*
8) What do you consider a vacation?
Time when I don't have to think about any responsibilities. Can't remember the last time I had one....
9) Do you follow your horoscope?
10) Would you move for the person you loved?
Hasn't happened yet...
11) Are you touchy feely?
12) Do you believe that opposites attract?
13) Dream job?
14) Favorite channel(s)?
Well I watch USA more than any other channel....
15) Favorite place to go on weekends
No place special -- but then, I'm a freelancer so weekends have less meaning for me...
16) Showers or Baths?
Like 'em both.
17) Do you paint your nails?
18) Do you trust people easily?
Yes. I trust people until they give me a reason not to.
19) What are your phobias?
Being physically restrained.
20) Do you want kids?
21) Do you keep a handwritten journal?
No. I hate writing by hand with a fiery passion.
22) Where would you rather be right now?
I'm quite fine with where I am.
23) What makes you feel warm and safe?
Flannel sheets and a teddy bear.
25) Are you paranoid?
No, they really are out to get me. *looks back and forth furtively*
26) Are you impatient?
To an appalling degree.
27) Who can you relate to?
28) How do you feel about interracial couples?
What a stupid question. I'm, of course, fine with them, as any rational person would be.
29) Have you been burned by love?
30) What's your life motto?
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve immortality through not dying." ---Woody Allen
31) What's your main ringtone on your mobile?
A bit from one of Cab Calloway's versions of "St. James Infirmary."
32) What were you doing at midnight last night?
Leaving the dojo holiday party.
33) Who was your last text message from?
34) Who's bed did you sleep in last night?
35) What color shirt are you wearing?
37) Name four things you have on you at all times.
Keys, iPhone, wallet, change purse.
38) What color are your bed sheets?
39) How much cash do you have on you right now?
About $65 or so.
40) What is your favorite part of the chicken?
41) What's your favorite town/city?
New York City, which is why I live here.
42) I can't wait till...
Farscape #2 comes out next week.
43) Who got you to join LiveJournal?
44) What did you have for dinner last night?
Pasta and fried rice and sushi.
45) How tall are you barefoot?
46) Have you ever smoked heroin?
47) Do you own a gun?
48) What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Coffee with half and half.
49) What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
If I answered this, it wouldn't be a secret anymore now, would it?
50) Do you have A.D.D.?
I've been tested, and it was inconclusive. Go fig'.
51) What time did you wake up today?
52) Current worry?
Work, which has become sparse.
53) Current hate?
The sparse work.
54) Favorite place to be?
New York City, which is why I live here. (Is there an echo in here?)
55) Where would you like to travel?
Japan, as I haven't been.
56) Where do you think you'll be in 10 years?
Probably still in NYC.
57) Last thing you ate?
58) What songs do you sing in the shower
I've been known to sing certain Boogie Knights songs in the shower....
59) Last person who made you laugh?
Someone at the dojo last night.
60) Worst injury you've ever had?
61) Does someone have a crush on you?
62) What is your favorite candy?
Good 'n' Plenty.
63) What song do you want played at your funeral?
What the hell do I care? I won't be able to hear it....
64) Why do we do these stupid surveys?
Fucked if I know....
65) Where did you get this from?
softlywhispered -- didn't you read the subject line?